Benefits of Infrared Heaters
Benefits of Infrared Heaters
- Infrared heating costs are lower than electric convection heaters: The cost of running an infrared panel versus an electrical convection heater is far cheaper as they require less power output to provide the same level of heat – for instance a 600w infrared panel will provide the same level of heating comfort as a 1500w convection heater, so they roughly require a third of the input, hence are cheaper to run.
- The infrared heat is emitted from the panel almost instantly, so no more waiting for a room to warm up: The infrared heat is emitted from the panel almost instantly, so no more waiting for a room to warm up.
- Smaller room temperature differentials:With convection heating, warm air tends to end up near the ceiling and cold air tends to sit at floor level. With infrared heating, the temperature differences across a room are far smaller so you can enjoy a more consistent temperature without any cold spots!
- Infrared heating is Simpler and cheaper to install than wet central heating systems: Infrared heating panels simply run on electricity, so there is no need to install a boiler and additional pipework for them to run. The panels themselves can also be used to heat a whole house and since they can be turned on and off as needed and produce heat almost instantly, you can very easily produce a zone heating system (for each room) to match your requirements.
- Infrared panels allow you to maximise living space: Infrared heating panels can be hung from the ceiling, so you don’t lose any floor area like you would with radiators. By doing this it also increases the heating coverage area of the panels. For example an 850w panel will heat 13.5m2 area if hung on a wall, but a 17m2 area if attached to the ceiling. To be honest, they are only 2.5cm thick anyway so even on walls they are not going to steal too much room!
- High quality & Low maintenance: Provided you buy quality panels you can be sure that they are going to last a long time and will not need any maintenance (our panels come with a 5 year warranty (0ur Select range) or 10 year warranty (our Inspire range).
- Infrared heating Reduces Allergies:Since infrared doesn’t rely on air as the medium for transporting the heat (like conventional convection heaters e.g. radiators), there is far less movement of air which means that dust and allergens aren’t circulated around a room, helping to reducing their impact.
- Other Health benefits:Infrared is naturally produced by the sun and is the reason that you can feel warm on a sunny but yet a cold winter’s day (it is not the same as the harmful UV radiation that is the other end of the visible light spectrum that causes sunburn and can damage the skin).
- Our Infrared heating panels look fantastic:The panels look great and are multifunctional – they can double as mirrors in bathrooms or even have pictures printed on them (much like when you get a canvas printed).